- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the ‘Competition Terms’) are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the competition terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the competition terms and the standard terms, the competition terms shall prevail
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Hythe Life Magazine shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Hythe Life Magazine.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted on the Hythe Life website or in Hythe Life Magazine or on behalf of Hythe Life Magazine (‘Hythe Life Magazine Community Interest Company’) and by entering the competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- Closing dates for competition entries will be clearly stated in Hythe Life Magazine and/or the Hythe Life website
- Winner/s will be chosen on the date stipulated in Hythe Life Magazine and/or the Hythe Life website
- Winner/s will be the first name drawn at random from all entries. The Judges Decision will be final.
- The draw will be attended by an independent observer.
- Full details and any specific terms of each competition will be shown on our website
- Competitions will be advertised in Hythe Life Magazine and on the Hythe Life Website.
- Entries must be made by the closing date and in the manner set out in the competition terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- No purchase necessary.
- Employees, agents, directors or family members of employees, agents, directors of Hythe Life Magazine are not able to enter. Hythe Life Magazine reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the competition as a result of this rule.
- Hythe Life Magazine reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the competition/s and/or the rules without notice for any event that is outside of Hythe Life Magazines reasonable control. Any changes to the rules, or cancellation of the competition, will be posted on the Hythe Life Magazine website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the conduct or results of the competition, or any other matter relating to a competition, the decision of Hythe Life Magazine shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Hythe Life Magazine.
- By entering a competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Hythe Life Magazine reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from a competition, Hythe Life Magazine will, unless otherwise stated in the competition terms, select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the competition terms, only one entry per person is permitted. In the event that Hythe Life Magazine discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple entries, such person and any entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such entrant has already been selected as a prize-winner, an alternative prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 17 above.
- Unless otherwise stated in the competition terms, the competition is open to persons of any age. Hythe Life Magazine assumes that by entering into the competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person’s entry into the competition and these rules. Parents or guardians may be asked to complete entry forms on behalf of those under 18 years of age. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Hythe Life Magazines satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the competition terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Unless otherwise stated in the competition terms, the competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Hythe Life Magazine accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Hythe Life Magazine reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the prize notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any prize-winner fails to validly reply to a prize notification within 28 days, Hythe Life Magazine reserves the right to disqualify the prize-winner and select an alternative prize-winner in accordance with Rule 17. above.
- Hythe Life Magazine accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- Hythe Life Magazine accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- Hythe Life Magazine will use any personal information that you provide with your entry for the purposes of the competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and never sold to third parties.
- All prize-winners may be asked, and if so, unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-competition publicity.
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to:
Hythe Life Magazine Community Interest Company,
Cornerways, Sandling Road,
Kent, CT21 4PS